Haha, 'new' indeed.
It's not just me that hate them though. I know a few drivers at Wigston who would also try to avoid driving them at all costs. Now I see that they have infiltrated the Thurmaston fleet, I hope there is not more to come. (Well, they are running out of numbers in the 47 series for one.)
I know the odd wigston driver, I get on with them better than thurmaston ones... but yes, some of the drivers hate them, my dad's mate don't mind, he's used to coaxing the ex london vehicles back to depot! I live just off saffy lane and Aylestone road, I'm surrounded by 7 arriva routes. all of them, bar the 86 and 87 have problems. I really wish I could do more than I can now, honestly, whoever is in charge of leicester allocations wants a rocket putting somewhere!!! you don't need a genius to work out that we need more buses, buses which are more reliable and to top it off, actual NEW buses. I'm annoyed at the lack of investment Arriva have put into Leicester.
I have seen a list of 20 of these vehicles (3000-3019) that Arriva Midlands are supposed to be getting but not where they are to be allocated.
These were used in London for the Olympics.
They are to be allocated to Tamworth to send the Volvo B6s to Wensfield depot
Blasphemy!!!
that's got me riled.... I think a few emails and some publicity is in order here
