• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

12-car 350 on Trent Valley line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogercov

Member
Joined
8 Feb 2019
Messages
277
Location
Coventry/London
I notice that 350114 + 350371 + 350241 ran on the following last Saturday (12th July):
1U23 EUS-CRE
1U24 CRE-EUS
1U33 EUS-CRE
1U34 CRE-EUS
1U43 EUS-CRE
1N44 CRE-NMP
Due to the length, It used platform 12 at Crewe (11 on the last journey).

Is this a regular Saturday working or was it an experiment?
Is it the first time a 12-car train has run on the EUS-CRE services?
It seems strange to do this when another diagram that day was only 4 cars.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,856
Location
West of Andover
Pretty sure that's booked 12 coaches, they have been running 12 coaches on some Sunday services for a while.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,948
Location
Fenny Stratford
Is this why we are seeing more 4 cars on WCML south services? Not against 12 on a Crewe service as they can get very bust especially at weekends but so are the services further south.
Pretty sure that's booked 12 coaches, they have been running 12 coaches on some Sunday services for a while.
that will be fun at Atherstone!
 

Class 170101

On Moderation
Joined
1 Mar 2014
Messages
8,664
They are definitely needed when the MML is closed somewhere between Derby and London.
 

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,138
Location
Derby
I use 1U33 occasionally and intend to do so on Saturday so I'll have a look what it consists of.

Incidentally, I see it now departs Tamworth at 1307 which I think is earlier than it used to be. I seem to remember it was 1311.
Were the timings changed slightly in May?
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,350
Location
Bolton
Definitely booked for some services at weekends. A clue is using platform 12 at Crewe (though that's only a clue that it could be booked for 12, not that it actually is).

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Is this why we are seeing more 4 cars on WCML south services? Not against 12 on a Crewe service as they can get very bust especially at weekends but so are the services further south.
There's supposed to be enough units for it at weekends, or at least that was the plan anyway. Given the 730 situation and the flooded units heavens knows.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
Is this why we are seeing more 4 cars on WCML south services? Not against 12 on a Crewe service as they can get very bust especially at weekends but so are the services further south.
As both routes are scheduled for majority 10-730 working soon enough, hopefully any current short formation 350s will not last.
 

ayubdaud

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2020
Messages
82
Location
Bolton
I use 1U33 occasionally and intend to do so on Saturday so I'll have a look what it consists of.

Incidentally, I see it now departs Tamworth at 1307 which I think is earlier than it used to be. I seem to remember it was 1311.
Were the timings changed slightly in May?
The WMT's now have a shorter dwell time at Nuneaton, and longer at Stafford, to allow a path for the Avanti Liverpool that follows behind it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top