• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

12.06 FGW Paddington to Penzance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianboult

Member
Joined
27 Nov 2008
Messages
44
I want to take my wife on the above service on a Friday in late June and use the restaurant car.

Is it worth taking the risk of just buying a standard class ticket and trying to get a seat for lunch on the day in the restaurant - or would I be better advised to get a 1st class advance as they get priority over tables if there is great demand for them ?

Many thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Essexman

Established Member
Joined
15 Mar 2011
Messages
1,476
Should be OK with standard class. I've used this a couple of times and there were 8 - 10 dining (some of whom got on at Readig), so plenty of space. I think it is only the two evening services out of Paddington when the restaurant may be full with first class ticket holders.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top