• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

10.57am East Coast Service packed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestor

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2011
Messages
57
Location
Reading
Interestingly, pre boarding passengers could be restricted/filtered at the Gateline (electronically) by prioritising "reserved" seat tickets?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

harz99

Member
Joined
14 Jul 2009
Messages
913
Interestingly, pre boarding passengers could be restricted/filtered at the Gateline (electronically) by prioritising "reserved" seat tickets?

Although I haven't travelled in/out of York for around a year, I don't recall the station having a "gateline" to do anything electronically?
 

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,053
Location
Bristol
At the busiest times I'm sure I've seen a system used at Glasgow Central and London Euston (pre VHF timetable) where they will only allow a certain number of people without seat reservations on the platform, so as to reduce the amount of standing.

Many years ago, when APT-P was doing Glasgow - Euston runs, you had to have a reservation/boarding pass to get on the platform as well as a ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top