• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1 for all the parents out there ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
13 for me :(. And I have to write a quarterly report for the imeche, decide on my final year project and finish my internship in this time :(

Awrrrr....................

I only have 11 days till I start work, and nowhere near sorted yet, me other half started back at school yesterday... really should see how that went...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
If you ever want to annoy a teacher, just say to them how many holidays they get, it really winds them up.

Seriously though, I know a lot of them do give up their own time however for preparing lessons, after school activities, marking books, dentention duties etc. I don't envy their job. So all respect to Sir.
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Since schooling is an integral part of this thread, can you give the meaning of the word "dentention", please.

Whoops, just checking how alert everyone is! dentention should of course read detention.

I did not check my spelling, therefore perhaps I should stay behind for an hour writing out the correct spelling 100 times!
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
Some of us would have started back at university two months ago if we'd have taken up the offer, we'd also have had an annual stippend of £13,590 for up to five years and all tuition fees paid, but said person turned down the potential offer... We'll find out in a few weeks if he regrets this.
 

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Joined
12 Jul 2011
Messages
1,290
I had to share my bus with the local chav populations kids coming from their school to the local shopping mall. Stopped at every bus stop despite nobody getting on or off. I was bloody glad to get off eventually!
 

swj99

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2011
Messages
770
My birthday is early in September and when I was a kid, it was always on a school day. I eventually got good at blagging days off, but I always seemed to be at school on my birthday. As a result of this, I still feel sympathy for all the poor little buggers who have to go to school, especially when I see those "back to school" adverts.

I think the uniform was the worst thing.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU9DilPgRY
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
I thought it was rather ironic that in the week schools reopened after the holidays, one of the teachers unions have voted for strike action against pay and conditions!
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
I thought it was rather ironic that in the week schools reopened after the holidays, one of the teachers unions have voted for strike action against pay and conditions!

Just as they start having to do some actual work ;)

Nothing aginast teachers in general, just those that choose it as a career path then moan about pay and conditions that are well published beforehand, you know the kind, those who prove the occational rule, those who can't; teach.

Then you get those who do enjoy their work and will rarely go on strike as a result, while also actually doing a much better job than those who went into it 'for the money'.

When TeachFirst tried to recruit me into teaching with a stand in the George Begg Building they where quickly told where to shove it, advertising salary benifits etc. They can still sod off, I'm not teaching at this age... (Used to instruct 13 - 18 year olds so I do know what it's like.)
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Just as they start having to do some actual work ;)

Nothing aginast teachers in general, just those that choose it as a career path then moan about pay and conditions that are well published beforehand, you know the kind, those who prove the occational rule, those who can't; teach.

Then you get those who do enjoy their work and will rarely go on strike as a result, while also actually doing a much better job than those who went into it 'for the money'.

When TeachFirst tried to recruit me into teaching with a stand in the George Begg Building they where quickly told where to shove it, advertising salary benifits etc. They can still sod off, I'm not teaching at this age... (Used to instruct 13 - 18 year olds so I do know what it's like.)

I Agree with what you say here. The teachers who really enjoy their work are the best, the trouble is these days, they seem to have to do so much paperwork for statistics etc, . In my day the teachers were able to get on with their main job of teaching and keeping the kids in order. In fact we had better lessons with the strict schoolmasters than with the teachers who were seen as rather "Soft". Although we may not have thought that at the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top