Ok, so I'm moving soon, and won't need my 1-8 Gold Card any more.
I'm actually going to be within Boris Bike distance of work, so won't really need a season ticket at all.
My season ticket runs out on the 14/10/14, and I'll probably do the changeover on 16/6/14. My season cost £2,848.
I'm trying to figure out how much I would get back on a simple refund, or on a changeover to a 1-2 season.
I've figured out that I would get £527.76 back from my season ticket if I switch to a 1-2 season. I worked this out as (£2848 / 365 * 121) - (£1,256 / 365 * 121) where 121 is the number of days I have left on my season and £1,256 is the cost of a 1-2 season.
I can't for the life of me figure out what I'd get for my refund. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ok, so my maths has kicked in a bit.
For a refund, I have 121 days left in the year, which is 17.3 weeks. The cost of the season is split into 40 weeks.
£2848 / 40 = £71.20
You don't get a refund for the last 12 weeks, so I have 5.3 weeks to claim.
£71.2 x 5.3 = £376.34
Take off an admin fee (£10?) and that comes to £366.34
Better value for me to do the changeover then?
Luckily (based on the advice from here) I bought my ticket from Marylebone, so hopefully they can do it for me
I'm actually going to be within Boris Bike distance of work, so won't really need a season ticket at all.
My season ticket runs out on the 14/10/14, and I'll probably do the changeover on 16/6/14. My season cost £2,848.
I'm trying to figure out how much I would get back on a simple refund, or on a changeover to a 1-2 season.
I've figured out that I would get £527.76 back from my season ticket if I switch to a 1-2 season. I worked this out as (£2848 / 365 * 121) - (£1,256 / 365 * 121) where 121 is the number of days I have left on my season and £1,256 is the cost of a 1-2 season.
I can't for the life of me figure out what I'd get for my refund. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ok, so my maths has kicked in a bit.
For a refund, I have 121 days left in the year, which is 17.3 weeks. The cost of the season is split into 40 weeks.
£2848 / 40 = £71.20
You don't get a refund for the last 12 weeks, so I have 5.3 weeks to claim.
£71.2 x 5.3 = £376.34
Take off an admin fee (£10?) and that comes to £366.34
Better value for me to do the changeover then?
Luckily (based on the advice from here) I bought my ticket from Marylebone, so hopefully they can do it for me
