• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

08500

Status
Not open for further replies.

47016

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
57
Does anyone have any photos of 08500 in it's red Thomas 1 guise. I have fond memories of seeing this loco acting as York station pilot in 1989, when i think it was allocated to Neville Hill. However i have never managed to find a picture of it in this guise.

Can anyone help?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

47016

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
57
I have heard of Flickr, but never really known what it was / had cause to use it. I'll definately spend some time playing around on it now though :D
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Although it was based at York, I don't remember it being station pilot - it seemed to be used more as pilot in York Yard North. I'm pretty sure the need for a station pilot had been dispensed with by then (the station was remodelled and rationalised around 88/89 prior to electrification) but I'm happy to be proved wrong. The main pilot I can remember at York station was 08540 in the late 1970s to mid 1980s. I felt a touch of sadness a couple of years back when I read on wnxx that it had been scrapped!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top