• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

‘Waving someone off’ at Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroded

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2012
Messages
53
If I wanted to ‘wave someone off’ on an Avanti Pendolino service exEUS, is there a legit way to do this? Can I buy a platform ticket?

Eg help them on board with their heavy bags
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,674
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
If I wanted to ‘wave someone off’ on an Avanti Pendolino service exEUS, is there a legit way to do this? Can I buy a platform ticket?

Eg help them on board with their heavy bags

I would have thought it unlikely you'll manage to get past the gateline staff who are not known to be reasonable about anything, really, even if you manage to get a platform ticket issued. I would plan to only be able to assist them to the bottom of the ramp, but not onto the train. If they need assistance to board I would book it officially and they'll get a nice little ride down in an electric cart before the train calls and the mob descends.
 

AndrewP

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2011
Messages
495
The staff couldn't have been nicer when I saw my late teens (20something looking) son off and happily let me onto the platform - this was about a year ago.

I would certainly ask.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,883
Location
Cambridge
The staff couldn't have been nicer when I saw my late teens (20something looking) son off and happily let me onto the platform - this was about a year ago.

I would certainly ask.
Must have been LNR staff. Something needs to be done about the Avanti Euston gateline.
 

RAPC

Member
Joined
30 May 2010
Messages
350
Never had an issue with Avanti gateline staff being reasonable when it comes to accompanying someone to the train, when there has been a legitimate reason. Yes, there are a few grumpy ones, but generally they are perfectly reasonable when approached in the right way.
 

Class15

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2021
Messages
4,164
Location
North London or Mildmay line
Never had an issue with Avanti gateline staff being reasonable when it comes to accompanying someone to the train, when there has been a legitimate reason. Yes, there are a few grumpy ones, but generally they are perfectly reasonable when approached in the right way.
Same experience here.
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,891
I did it a couple of weeks ago, no problem, and no ticket required. Just ask nicely.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top