• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ÖBB RailJet Restaurant Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

calopez

Member
Joined
16 May 2017
Messages
114
Next month I will be travelling from Wien Hbf to Salzburg Hbf on RJX68/RJX 868. The main purpose of this journey is to get a meal on the train before taking the sleeper from Salzburg to Paris.

VagonWEB shows this train as being two identical units coupled together between Wien and Salzburg. So my question is, do they really staff both restaurant cars? Does it matter which one I head for? Don't want to reserve seats as I plan to be eating in the restaurant car most of the way!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,869
Next month I will be travelling from Wien Hbf to Salzburg Hbf on RJX68/RJX 868. The main purpose of this journey is to get a meal on the train before taking the sleeper from Salzburg to Paris.

VagonWEB shows this train as being two identical units coupled together between Wien and Salzburg. So my question is, do they really staff both restaurant cars? Does it matter which one I head for? Don't want to reserve seats as I plan to be eating in the restaurant car most of the way!
In my experience both restaurant cars are fully staffed and open on services formed of pairs of RailJets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top