Hello! I am a 19 year old student who travels via train to get to college each day. Recently I got fined. I had no mobile data to purchase my ticket before hand so used the WiFi on the train to buy it- as I was paying for this a ticket conductor said I was getting fined as I had not purchased it before getting on the train. I payed the fine but (after tracking my account) they have now pulled me up on tickets dating back to January of 2023 amounting to £700. I am on a bursary and the college is supposed to pay for my transport but were often late sending payments and left me in the position where I had little money to get my ticket. Due to this, I would purchase a ticket from the next stop after mine, this ticket being £5 less (the 2 stations are 5 mins away from each other) I had been doing this consistently until I got a job and I am now able to pay for the proper ticket. I know I am in the wrong and was purchasing the wrong ticket but I cannot afford to pay £700. I was wondering what would happen if I go to court to fight this. Would they take into account my financial situation? Could they set up a payment plan? I am able to pay out a lump sum each week but not a full £700 within 5 days like they are asking. I really don’t want this to effect my future by having a criminal record under fraud and am very stressed lol. Any advice would be a huge help 
