Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Well... I was due to travel late this evening (19:40) from Euston. Got the "we're so sorry" email last night. OK... I alter my plans to take the service before that. Oh, but that was cancelled too (this afternoon). I can't imagine many people wanting to roll the dice on a later service so...
thanks for the suggestions!
CyrusWuff -- WAE-CHX etc is only marginally cheaper, and I would actually use the journey from an East London station.
dzug2 -- good idea. Usually I just bike so didn't think about it, but actually I'll be joined by a friend.
National Rail offers "2FOR1" entry to various London attractions (see http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/) when travelling in by train.
Is it sufficient to buy a National Rail ticket 1 stop, say,
* Bethnal Green or Stratford -> Liverpool Street, or
* Limehouse -> Fenchurch Street?
The FAQs...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.