• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Plok77

  1. P

    Tube train changed destination. Missed rail connection. Can I claim

    My understanding is that you claim from the rail company who are responsible for the delay. The Chiltern service was on time, but I missed it because the TfL service didn't run to its advertised schedule.
  2. P

    Tube train changed destination. Missed rail connection. Can I claim

    I have a season ticket from Aylesbury Vale Parkway to London Travelcard Zones 5-6. On Monday, I had intended to catch a Metropolitan Line train from Moor Park to Amersham that was scheduled to depart at 18:09 and arrive at 18:25. This then gives me time to catch the 18:29 Chiltern Railways train...
  3. P

    compensation + Southern rail strike action

    The ASLEF overtime ban has ended as of today. So Southern services on the West London line are now running to Milton Keynes again.
  4. P

    Taking a folding bike into a station during peak hours

    It's a Brompton, so it's relatively light and easy to carry for short distances. But it's still easier to wheel the bike unfolded into the station and then fold it on the platform before boarding the train. If I was at a major London terminus at peak hours, the person might have a point. But H&W...
  5. P

    Taking a folding bike into a station during peak hours

    Maybe. The staff at the station are usually very helpful, especially as I often need assistance entering and leaving the station because the automated barriers don't read paper tickets very well.
  6. P

    Taking a folding bike into a station during peak hours

    Harrow & Wealdstone doesn't have escalators. Access to the platforms is via stairs and lifts. It's a relatively quiet suburban station in Travelcard Zone 5. It doesn't make sense to me why it should be necessary to fold my bike before walking to the platform. Especially since some of the cycle...
  7. P

    Taking a folding bike into a station during peak hours

    I wasn't boarding a train at this point. I was just trying to enter the station. I'm not aware of any rule which requires bikes to be folded when walking around the station. Also, at Harrow & Wealdstone there is cycle parking at platform level. So you have to enter the station with your bike if...
  8. P

    Taking a folding bike into a station during peak hours

    I have a folding bike which I use for commuting to work. Whilst entering Harrow & Wealdstone station the other evening, I was told by a member of staff at the gates that I would have to fold my bike as it was 'peak hours'. I understand that non-folding bikes are not allowed on trains during peak...

Top