• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by numpty1979

  1. N

    Newbie confuzzled by season tickets

    Thanks, that's clearer - I was just being thick! And yes, I didn't mean to refer to a railcard. --- old post above --- --- new post below --- Thanks. I was looking to get a loan from my employers and buy an annual ticket.
  2. N

    Newbie confuzzled by season tickets

    I genuinely don't see the logic of that. If I was travelling from St Pancras to City Thameslink on a Farringdon ticket, I would reach Farringon before City Tshameslink. I would therefore surely need a further ticket from Farringdon to City Thameslink? The same would surely apply on the return...
  3. N

    Newbie confuzzled by season tickets

    Why would a Farringdon railcard with upgrade get me to City Thameslink but not a City Thamelink with upgrade? Farringdon is one stop north.
  4. N

    Newbie confuzzled by season tickets

    Thanks all, it's clearly not exactly simple. I expect I will stick to the cheapest available season ticket but will clarify the high speed issue when I buy it. All I'm after is the possibility for upgrades. I have an Oyster card so could use that for St Pancras - City Thameslink
  5. N

    Newbie confuzzled by season tickets

    Thanks Wibble - that's very good news. The National Rail site is so unclear. I think what it is saying though is that there are London Terminal tickets (cheapest) which presumably you need to buy an upgrade for high spped and those that include it already so you don't need an upgrade. Does...
  6. N

    Newbie confuzzled by season tickets

    All, I hope you can help. I am considering moving from central London out to Meopham in Kent and am a bit confused about what I should do about a season ticket if I were to do so. I work near City Thameslink station Mon-Fri and would need to be able to travel during peak times (it's 9-5...

Top