Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Ahh, that makes perfect sense, thanks.:E
I was just confused with the term of traction motors and engines.
After looking at the Class 91's, as they are electric, they only require the traction motors.
Whereas with the HST they require the diesel engine, alternator and the traction motors you...
Hi,
Apologises for the possibly repeated question.
After looking online, it looks like the Class 43 HST has a 'BO-BO' wheel set arrangement, which is described as "Two bogies or wheel assemblies under the unit. Each bogie has two powered axles individually driven by traction motors"
So with...
Thanks a lot, this answers my question! I've read a few sources which showed an Earth Wire, however as I've been traversing LNE there hasn't been such a thing! That explains the black bonds from each structure to the TRR creating the earth.
I've been learning about OLE recently, just a quick question in relation to the return conductor; does this also act as the earth wire in classic feeding/ booster transformer arrangement?
Or is it the case that the traction return rails act as an earthing point as they are bonded to the OLE...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.