• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Mellchie

  1. M

    ASLEF push for more female and BAME drivers

    Those discussing positive discrimination may be interested in research showing that recruiters unconsciously select candidates that are more "like them" - ergo, if your recruiting team is of a particular demographic, your workforce is more likely to be as well...
  2. M

    Seat reservations for broken journey

    I'm planning to travel from Beeston (BEE) to Aberdeen (ABD) on an off-peak open return. As it's over 7 hours each way I'd like to break the journey in both directions at Edinburgh for a couple of hours to refuel. 1. Is breaking on the out leg allowed (I don't know what individual ticket...
  3. M

    Thank you NR staff

    Your twitter suggestion was a good idea bb21, have contacted Northern and EMT through there. Glad to see my post has brought out a few (much more succinct!) anecdotes, helps restore my faith in humanity! I normally have lits of little niggling complaints about rail companies that aren't...
  4. M

    Thank you NR staff

    In which case I shall. I didn't want to get anyone into trouble because they'd done me a good deed! Thanks folks :)
  5. M

    Thank you NR staff

    Dear Mods, if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place, do re/move, I'm not sure where the best place to post this would be! I'd just like to offer a heartfelt thanks to the three Northern Rail and one East Mids staff who helped myself and my parents out this afternoon. Waiting for the...

Top