• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Marshwiggle

  1. Marshwiggle

    Nuneaton Benches

    Many thanks indeed, that has saved me a day of discomfort. And yes, Abellio, I'm sure a few benches do not cost that much? Last time I went some people had taken lightweight picnic chairs and one or two unattended ones were getting moved about considerably by Pendolinos etc passing through at...
  2. Marshwiggle

    Nuneaton Benches

    Like many I travel the country photographing (mainly) freight locos. Due to mobility problems I cannot stand all day so a good station bench is most welcome. I went to Nuneaton about a year ago and the benches at the north end of platform 4/5 had been removed. Does anyone know if they have been...
  3. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    Thanks. Just looked at Trainlogger. I like that. I can see that working nicely side by side with my own spreadsheet system which I can store extra columns of information in. Many thanks indeed. Without out all the help I have received on this Forum, I would have no idea most of this stuff...
  4. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    After a day tinkering about, I think I have come up with a workable system using AbRail (thanks for the suggestion) and an Excel Spreadsheet with hyperlinks to photos and the bits of AbRail I need for reference (mainly modern depot and livery codes I am not familiar with yet). Still needs a bit...
  5. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    Thanks. I have a free day to day and I am going to do a bit of research and see what I come up with. I was quite interested in LocoTrack but my system is all iMac/Apple based and it is Windows compatible only.I am going to look at all the suggestions today many thanks. It is looking like I will...
  6. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    Thanks for the reply. At the speed we were travelling at it was difficult to tell but, if push came to shove, I would say moving.
  7. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    Thanks. I did mention in my text that I was just too slow to react to seeing it and taking a photo. However the idea of posting a photo and asking "where is this please?" seems an excellent feature of the website. A minute later and I would have been OK. The driver of my train, the 12.30pm from...
  8. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    Thanks. I like the idea of the electronic notes. I have a badly damaged right thumb from too much cricket so writing is not my favourite pastime. But typing notes into an electronic device is just fine. Especially as digital reference storage and the ability to then search is easily built tin...
  9. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. I really appreciate the links, names of Apps, publishers etc. When you have not done something for 50+ years it is difficult to know what there is out there. If you are up to date and use these items day to day then it probably seems incomprehensible...
  10. Marshwiggle

    Recording Locos

    I am new to this Forum so I may have done this all wrong. If so, Apologies. I have been recording locos by travelling around and using my camera for around a year.I have just retuned home to the Kent coast after two days in the Westbury area. It occurred to me on the way home looking out of the...

Top