• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by marko4ever34

  1. M

    Fife Circle Ticket.

    My friend visited me today in Cowdenbeath and got a single ticket from Edinburgh, we then got a bus to Kirkcaldy and he is going back by train tonight from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh. I told him he should have just paid for a return ticket from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy and got off at Cowdenbeath on...
  2. M

    Motherwell to Edinburgh

    Thanks for this well look at this 21:47 from Motherwell to Coatbridge Central then walking to Sunnyside and arriving Haymarket 23:04 verses 21:50 via Glasgow Central arriving 23:29. I also needed to be in Edinburgh at that time to catch the last Fife circle train. Out of interest why is there is...
  3. M

    Motherwell to Edinburgh

    A ticket to Edinburgh from Motherwell not passing via Glasgow is £6.60 single with my disabled railcard however at night you can't get a train from Motherwell direct to Edinburgh. To avoid Glasgow you can go to Coatbridge Central walk to Coatbridge Sunnyside and catch the train there. The gaurd...
  4. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    What should i write to them now. I'm trying to claim money back from paypal for breach of contract.
  5. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Their response.. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with our previous response. I've looked into your original correspondence and our response again. As previously mentioned, the entire journey was not booked as one journey. Therefore, as you missed your booked service with Virgin Trains, you...
  6. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Yup but they are saying because it was planned its my responsibility to check
  7. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Can anyone advise my next step. This was their response: Thank you for getting in touch with us. I'm emailing you on behalf of Phil Whittingham, our Managing Director. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you had getting to London Euston station. Having checked your booking your tickets were from...
  8. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Dear Phil, I write regarding the above booking. I booked this ticket in good faith that I had plenty time to catch a connecting train from Southend Airport. Unfortunately, I arrived at the station to discovered there was engineering works and a bus replacement service for part of the route...
  9. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Thanks for this much appreciated. I have written to the CEO to complain. The whole experience was very upsetting and I am still travelling . I will be home almost 3 hours later.
  10. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Yes sure my planned journey on a separate ticket was supposed to be 13.15 service from Southend airport to Liverpool street then changing to tube arriving at 14:38 which was available at the time of booking my London Euston to Edinburgh ticket which was at 15:30 today (change at Preston)...
  11. M

    Planned engineering works and Advance tickets

    Can anyone advise: Booked on a service (VTWC) an advance ticket in good faith and left plenty time to get there. When I booked my ticket there was no issues with planned engineering works. Arrived at Southend airport station to discover planned engineering work and a bus replacement service on...
  12. M

    Excess ticket from single to return?

    I see strange as I am on a train right now and I asked the conductor and he said yup that's no problem and advised you are better doing it on the train as if you go to the ticket office they will charge you an admin fee.
  13. M

    Excess ticket from single to return?

    I have often bought a single ticket (not being sure I would return) but then if plans changed just excessing the ticket and paying the difference between a single and a return. However tonight I was advised that this is not allowed - can someone clarify please.

Top