• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Ginger3

  1. G

    Any idea what these are?

    Thank you guys! Mystery solved haha
  2. G

    Any idea what these are?

    They are popping up at all stations along the Leeds-Manchester route, both on the platform and at the bottom of stairs. They have a reflective strip round them and no obvious purpose! Any ideas?
  3. G

    Nothern Rail DR&PU letter received

    Hey Lichen, don't worry. For a first offence you will get an £80 fine and the cost of your ticket. Write an honest letter saying that you promise you won't do it again. I know the feeling, was in exactly the same boat as you the other week. Yeah, its a kicker being £80 down but you won't get a...
  4. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    Thank you, najaB. It says 'FIXED PENALTY NOTICE' at the top of the letter. In the body of the letter it says 'This notice offers you the opportunity of discharging any liability to conviction for that offence by payment of a fixed penalty of £80.'
  5. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    Updating to let you all know I received a Fixed Penalty Notice for £87.40 which is a fine of £80 and the cost of my ticket. Thank you to all of those that posted and reassured me. What a horrible, panicky time. It just ain't worth it,folks!!!! Think before you make rash decisions...
  6. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    Thank you for your responses. I have stated in my letter that I am willing to pay costs etc. I'm a real worrier and realise that I have basically no leg to stand on with this. What is to stop them prosecuting? I can't actually believe I did something so stupid. First time ever and now...
  7. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    Hi, thanks for your responses. I have clarified in my response letter that I was wrong in what I did. Any intent was a spur of the moment thing. You have scared me again now, I was just starting to calm myself down! Is it likely they will prosecute? This is a first offence. I am hoping...
  8. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    Didn't sleep for worrying about this. I have drafted my letter, explaining why it is late. I will send it via Special Delivery tomorrow.
  9. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    najaB, thank you also for your response. I hope you are right! I would normally be so annoyed at myself for having to pay that amount of money but to be honest I have got into such a flap about getting a record that I don't care!
  10. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    Thank you for your kind response DelayRepay. I have sent an email explaining what has happened with the delay but the only email address I could find begins with 'PPN' which I think is to do with parking! I emailed them anyway!
  11. G

    Missed 14 day deadline to respond

    After a 30 mins late, packed Northern Rail train and an inspector with a broken card machine at the station I stupidly decided to get my ticket on the way back rather than stand around at the station booths and get even more late. (There are no ticket machines at my inital station) Got...

Top