• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by ex signaller

  1. E

    Signalman dismissed for taking break

    The facts about Arundel. It is literally non stop, either level crossing operation, and or route setting. S&T and P-way find it hard to get line blockages. There is no 20 break between trains on the late shift. That is why NR had to provide meal break relief. They failed to do so for Peter Lee...
  2. E

    Signalman dismissed for taking break

    I know Peter Lee. One of the best, and the best he gave was due Peter's own professionalism and that of our superb manager, Brian Anderson, who retired before this took place. Peter gave the management four days notice of his intention to take a break. Anderson would have reacted to cover it...
  3. E

    petersfield signaller vacancies 2017

    Scottish Signaller
  4. E

    petersfield signaller vacancies 2017

    Of course its a rant. I as interviewed for another Grade 5 just before, but quiet rightly a 25 year ex Signaller got it. Not an interview as such for Petersfield, just an explanation "its a starter box..." Answer to Tom Boyd - YES, who do you think said this to me.
  5. E

    petersfield signaller vacancies 2017

    I was a Grade 5 Signaller for over 11 years, and took voluntary redundancy, but being bored I decided to try and get back on. Since I was rejected for Petersfield last August ( "its a starter box, you won't be suitable to move on to Basingstoke or Salisbury, the other 2 will have longer careers...

Top