• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by elucidate

  1. E

    Stations Where Passengers Have to Cross the Track

    EDIT: My bad, it was actually a station on my way to Lincoln last year. I think it was Swinderby.
  2. E

    Rebranding of Greater Anglia

    I for one hugely welcomed the new logo when I first saw it on a poster. The underlining on the old logo looks so amateurish it gives me a headache. The new one is very modern, clean and pleasing to the eye (well, mine at least!). However, I do agree that perhaps just 'Abellio' on its own...
  3. E

    Ticket collection station

    Hello, On ticket booking sites such as Redspottedhanky, I am always asked which station I would like to collect my ticket from. Personal experience dictates that it's possible for me to pick up my ticket from any station, not just the one I picked at the time of booking. Is it a redundant...
  4. E

    Timing of second train on multi-leg Advance ticket

    Fell asleep? Got enthralled in the latest blockbuster novel? :lol: Thanks for the responses, guys :) I guess it falls under "inappropriate", then.
  5. E

    Timing of second train on multi-leg Advance ticket

    Thanks for all the replies so far. I'll provide details of the journey so as to provide a better picture. The main ticket says: from Cambridge [CBG] to London Terminals, AP GRT ANG ONLY, BOOKDTRAINONLY The reservation coupon says: From CBG to Cheshunt [CHN], valid at 16:21 hours on XX-XXX-XX...
  6. E

    Timing of second train on multi-leg Advance ticket

    Hi all, I think I may already know the answer to this but I thought I'd throw it out here anyway to confirm. I have purchased an Advance ticket which consists of two legs. The Mandatory Reservation Coupon only mentions the first leg of the journey (with start and end station, and specific...
  7. E

    "Reasonable route" on Advance tickets

    I've just been rummaging through tweets and I saw this: https://twitter.com/fortknoxious/status/398984855020515328
  8. E

    "Reasonable route" on Advance tickets

    I can't remember what it said when I did the same ticket last week. Can you advise me on what difference it makes? All I can remember is that the second part of the ticket only mentions Bishops Stortford to London, and fixes a time for it. Yes, that's what I was thinking as well. So is there...
  9. E

    "Reasonable route" on Advance tickets

    Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying an Greater Anglia Advance ticket for travel from London Liverpool Street to Cambridge at 21:40 tomorrow. Due to work being carried out on the line, the route given is: 21:40 Replacement bus from LST to Stansted Airport, arrives 22:40 22:45 Train from...
  10. E

    Oyster National Rail charges

    Hi all, I have a Railcard discount applied to my Oyster card. Today I used my Oyster card to conduct a return journey from Southbury to Manor Park via London Liverpool Street. The outward journey was during peak hours and the return was off-peak. The Oyster card charges I should have...
  11. E

    Replacement bus route

    Thank you!
  12. E

    Replacement bus route

    Hi all, Please have a look at the following itinerary: I have a ticket for the above. It was issued in two parts: First part: From LONDON TERMINALS to CAMBRIDGE | Route: AP GRT ANG ONLY | Validity: BOOKDTRAINONLY Second part: From BROXBOURNE to CAMBRIDGE | Valid at 20:53 on 17 NOV 13 My...
  13. E

    Enforcement of journey break restrictions

    Thanks to everyone for their invaluable input. If I may digress from the original question slightly, what I am really intrigued to find out is the reason why sometimes (such as in this case) shorter journeys are charged at a higher fare than to book till the final destination? Is there any...
  14. E

    Enforcement of journey break restrictions

    Hi, Last night, in a fit of what I thought to be an ingenious bit of money-saving, I booked an Advance ticket from Cambridge to London Liverpool Street, with the intention of stopping short at Tottenham Hale along the way and doing the rest of the journey by bus to my home, and vice versa on...

Top