• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Doug at lytham

  1. D

    Fireman's Uniform in the 1960s

    Can anyone help. As part of the British Rail uniform in the mid 1960's you were issued a 3/4 coat similar to a Donkey Jacket. My question is "did the jackets have leather type pads on the shoulders. May sound a silly question but I am writing a book and want to be accurate. That is one issued...
  2. D

    Wakefield Kirkgate to Barnsley 1960's

    Hi Sorry I made a real B of that. It was 1965 and the time was 15.54 thus it would be the 15.54 to Sowerby Bridge via Horbury . Not to Barnsly as I had assumed.Many thanks for that it really helps.
  3. D

    Wakefield Kirkgate to Barnsley 1960's

    Hi Many thanks for responding to my query I am writing a book about a well known unresolved murder, One witness was a train driver who said he left Wakefield Kirkgate driving a passenger train at 3.45pm on Saturday 9th October 1964 towards Horbury Junction, I'm looking for confirmation of...
  4. D

    Wakefield Kirkgate to Barnsley 1960's

    Hi- I am looking for a timetable for passenger trains in 1965 from Wakefield Kirkgate to Barnsley. The time to Horbury Junction is my main interest

Top