• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by ChorleyGeoff

  1. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    Thanks for this. It was in attempting to compare journey times between the routes via Preston and via Manchester that I came across the difficulty in doing so. National Rail and other online sellers all offered routes which included at least one leg with TPExpress, despite my having selected...
  2. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    OK. Thanks. Chorley to York, via Manchester, using only Northern Rail, weekday.
  3. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    In fairness to National Rail the response was lengthier than that and I felt they were taking an interest. I only quoted what I thought was the most relevant part. --- old post above --- --- new post below --- That would be interesting: neither Nortern nor National Rail are able to offer a...
  4. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    For clarity, I suppose I should share my original query. Northen currently have a promotion "£10 anywhere" valid exclusively on Northern trains. Here is the version of the query I sent to National Rail. When using the 'Train Times and Tickets' service, I would sometimes like to specify one...
  5. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    Having raised this issue, I have found the discussions very interesting, and I’m sorry to see that some seem to be now ‘arguing’ about technologies: I, along with millions of others, rarely use social media. I have four other comments:- (1) Passenger Focus advise: “Train operator response times...
  6. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    Yes I could ring them. It would be interesting to know what your experience of phoning these conglomerates is: I haven't got 30 -50 minutes to spare just waiting to talk to someone. --- old post above --- --- new post below --- I have, but my actual query could not be fitted into 140...
  7. C

    Northern Rail 'Customer Service' auto-reply.

    Today I raised a query with Northern Rail Customer Relations about their current (time-limited) '£10 anywhere' offer using their online contact form. Their auto response promises me a reply within 20 (twenty) working days! Is that APP_ALL_ING or what?

Top