Hi all, booked to go to London from Wakefield Westgate on the 27th on the 09:59 azuma which is now looking unlikely, whilst LNER haven't published their timetable for this day I've noticed you can't buy a LNER ticket on that day before 12pm. We're booked in first class and got a very good early advance ticket so would like the journey to be as comfy as possible. Currently LNER are saying that trains will start later on this day.
So I have a few options:
Wait for the updated timetable on the 19th December (that's currently when LNER will release their provisional timetable on this day, with changes allowed to be made on the 22nd Dec) and risk having to pay more for the ticket change if the price goes up and possibly that the trains after 12pm get booked up anyway.
Change the ticket now to the 12:58 which is showing available as to book now for a cost of £39.00 and take a gamble this service will be running, this is also a 225 which i'd probably prefer!
Make a seat reservation on the 12:58 above and just get on with my ticket I currently have for the 09:59 without paying the extra fee to change it now (is this a risk?)
Could it make any difference as to what would have a better chance of running, ie. I believe the 225's are at Leeds so these may be easier to instate into service so more likely they will run on that day?
Appreciate any input on what would be recommended!
All the best!
So I have a few options:
Wait for the updated timetable on the 19th December (that's currently when LNER will release their provisional timetable on this day, with changes allowed to be made on the 22nd Dec) and risk having to pay more for the ticket change if the price goes up and possibly that the trains after 12pm get booked up anyway.
Change the ticket now to the 12:58 which is showing available as to book now for a cost of £39.00 and take a gamble this service will be running, this is also a 225 which i'd probably prefer!
Make a seat reservation on the 12:58 above and just get on with my ticket I currently have for the 09:59 without paying the extra fee to change it now (is this a risk?)
Could it make any difference as to what would have a better chance of running, ie. I believe the 225's are at Leeds so these may be easier to instate into service so more likely they will run on that day?
Appreciate any input on what would be recommended!
All the best!
