CallySleeperKid
Member
I am supposed to be on the Chirftain from Inverness to Kings Cross tomorrow, East Coast are only running this as far as Perth on it was up to Inverness tonight, so it will start at Perth in the morning, meaning I will have to get the 06.47 ScotRail service from Inverness to Perth, almost an hour and 10 minutes before I was due to board the Chieftain. The Perth to Inverness line is still open and trains are running on time as we speak, Needless to say I am a little miffed as to why East Coast are not running up here when other services are.
We also have the prospect of being packed like sardines onto a 158 in the morning for 2 hours.
At the minute I am seriously considering getting the Caledonian Sleeper tonight, which will cost me, but if I stay overnight here and the connecting service to Perth is cancelled tomorrow I will be looking at paying for another nights hotel and then tickets from Inverness home again, more than likely on ScotRail and then Cross Country on Sunday or even Monday!
My partner is pregnant so I really dont want to have to put her through changing trains and cramped DMUs when we had reserved first class tickets for a direct train.
The snow has settled down in Inverness, but it is between Aviemore and Kingussie that has forecasts for overnight snow showers.
Needless to say I have no idea which way to turn, I am thinking it is better to just try and get the sleeper tonight and get out of here, What would you do? Any suggestions? Personally I would stick it out if I was on my own but my partner really does not need that stress.
They are currently not taking any booking for the sleeper in case it does not run, so I have got to get a walk up booking should any be available!
:-x
We also have the prospect of being packed like sardines onto a 158 in the morning for 2 hours.
At the minute I am seriously considering getting the Caledonian Sleeper tonight, which will cost me, but if I stay overnight here and the connecting service to Perth is cancelled tomorrow I will be looking at paying for another nights hotel and then tickets from Inverness home again, more than likely on ScotRail and then Cross Country on Sunday or even Monday!
My partner is pregnant so I really dont want to have to put her through changing trains and cramped DMUs when we had reserved first class tickets for a direct train.
The snow has settled down in Inverness, but it is between Aviemore and Kingussie that has forecasts for overnight snow showers.
Needless to say I have no idea which way to turn, I am thinking it is better to just try and get the sleeper tonight and get out of here, What would you do? Any suggestions? Personally I would stick it out if I was on my own but my partner really does not need that stress.
They are currently not taking any booking for the sleeper in case it does not run, so I have got to get a walk up booking should any be available!
:-x