• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worrying about Covid while travelling on busy trains during half term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyman42

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2017
Messages
5,368
Boris hasn’t been mayor for years now, he’s the PM and he’s botched that up, fast becoming the most hated PM since Blair and Thatcher.
And they both won three landslides so they must of been doing something right.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2017
Messages
2,172
And they both won three landslides so they must of been doing something right.

Admittedly though, they had something Boris doesn’t have and that’s a commanding presence, and a sense of strong leadership, but both faltered, for Thatcher it was the Poll Tax and for Blair the Iraq War has cast a long shadow over his entire premiership.

If Brexit wasn’t an issue Boris wouldn’t be our PM, and I don’t think he’ll win two more elections.
 

35B

Established Member
Joined
19 Dec 2011
Messages
5,580
Exactly, And all it’s doing his highlighting how pointless and worthless he actually, a chocolate teapot has more use than Khan does, I just like how millions of ordinary Londoners are going around massless while he flaps about like a petulant child.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==



Boris hasn’t been mayor for years now, he’s the PM and he’s botched that up, fast becoming the most hated PM since Blair and Thatcher.

But his ineptitude doesn’t nor should it be a what aboutism for Khan’s uselessness
I’d just ask who hated Blair and Thatcher when they were in office. From my memories of their eras, I’d suggest that the hate was not general, and reflected that both were marmite characters.
 

DustyBin

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2020
Messages
3,927
Location
First Class
I’d just ask who hated Blair and Thatcher when they were in office. From my memories of their eras, I’d suggest that the hate was not general, and reflected that both were marmite characters.

I think the difference between them is that Thatcher was loved by some and hated by others both then and now with very few peoples opinions having changed. Blair on the other hand, having conned the public and inflicted untold damage on the country in the process, has become more and more hated over time. I actually hail from Blair’s old constituency and still have family and friends there and it’s very rare to find somebody with a good word for the man!
 

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2017
Messages
2,172
I’d just ask who hated Blair and Thatcher when they were in office. From my memories of their eras, I’d suggest that the hate was not general, and reflected that both were marmite characters.

Not general maybe but by the later stages of their terms the hate had grown, and post their terms as PM the hatred for them has only grown
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,914
Location
0036
I agree that this is a long and rambling document. Thanks for posting this document so people can see it and make up their own mind. I have seen the German original and this translation follows that very closely in the key part of relevance here. I too got the impression when I first read it that people who are double vaccinated are allowed into Germany. And that is true, but it goes on later to say that people who have been in a high risk area within the last ten days must also quarantine for ten days, 14 in the case of new variant areas. The key sentence, in my view is:

'In addition, when entering the Federal Republic of Germany following a stay in a high-risk area or area of variants of concern outside of Germany, a special obligation to register, quarantine and furnish proof has to be observed.'
You are cherry-picking.

You are required to quarantine until you provide (inter alia) a proof of vaccination. Which will not be very long at all.
 

greyman42

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2017
Messages
5,368
Not general maybe but by the later stages of their terms the hate had grown, and post their terms as PM the hatred for them has only grown
I have heard public opinion recently along the lines of "If only we still had Margaret Thatcher".

Sorry if i have gone of topic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top