grcwmaaron91
Member
Hi everyone,
I am currently researching a local rolling stock manufacturer from my home town of Gloucester. The company was called the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company, formerly the Gloucester Wagon Company. During there history they used 7 locomotives, I have listed them below. Sadly, the information below and that given in the "Industrial Locomotives of Central Southern England" produced by the Industrial Railway Society is all the information I have. I do not have any information as to wheel sizes, classes, etc. Could anyone shed any light on them for me please? I have also attached some photos from https://glostransporthistory.visit-gloucestershire.co.uk/GRCWShunters.htm and the Gloucestershire Archives D4791/16 album collection. These are the only photos I have found/sourced, if anyone has any they are happy to share, they would be gratefully recieved.
Manning Wardle and later rebuilt by Hudswell Clarke of Leeds 0-4-0ST "TIGER",
Sharp Stewart of Glasgow 0-4-0ST "SIAM" (Ebbw Vale Steel Iron and Coal Company)
Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST "HENRY WRIGHT". I have been told this is a Manning Wardle Class F.
Avonside Engine Company 0-4-0ST "FOX" built for the Great Western Railway Avonside Engine
Avonside 0-6-0ST "ABERDARE" Previously owned by contractors Topham, Jones and Railton
Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST "PHOENIX" (Tharsis Sulphur and Copper Company of Cardiff)
Bagnall 0-4-0F "BADGEWORTH HALL"
Thank you all in advance.
I am currently researching a local rolling stock manufacturer from my home town of Gloucester. The company was called the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company, formerly the Gloucester Wagon Company. During there history they used 7 locomotives, I have listed them below. Sadly, the information below and that given in the "Industrial Locomotives of Central Southern England" produced by the Industrial Railway Society is all the information I have. I do not have any information as to wheel sizes, classes, etc. Could anyone shed any light on them for me please? I have also attached some photos from https://glostransporthistory.visit-gloucestershire.co.uk/GRCWShunters.htm and the Gloucestershire Archives D4791/16 album collection. These are the only photos I have found/sourced, if anyone has any they are happy to share, they would be gratefully recieved.
Manning Wardle and later rebuilt by Hudswell Clarke of Leeds 0-4-0ST "TIGER",
Sharp Stewart of Glasgow 0-4-0ST "SIAM" (Ebbw Vale Steel Iron and Coal Company)
Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST "HENRY WRIGHT". I have been told this is a Manning Wardle Class F.
Avonside Engine Company 0-4-0ST "FOX" built for the Great Western Railway Avonside Engine
Avonside 0-6-0ST "ABERDARE" Previously owned by contractors Topham, Jones and Railton
Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST "PHOENIX" (Tharsis Sulphur and Copper Company of Cardiff)
Bagnall 0-4-0F "BADGEWORTH HALL"
Thank you all in advance.
