• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why have refurbished Class 373 units lost their iconic motor sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacsoMoquette

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2023
Messages
324
Location
South Cambridgeshire
Yesterday I was travelling from Gare du Nord to London St Pancras International on the 19:11 (9055) which was formed of a refurbished Class 373 set (3027). I stood in the vestibule area upon departure and only herd the occasional extreamly muffled wine which sounded around every minute, however to my massive disappointment the GTO three phase thyristor was not present. Could anyone relay any information why the refurbished units do not sound an audible traction motor? Or was it just the unit I was travelling on.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrPIC

Member
Joined
30 May 2015
Messages
426
Might have had motors out, search YouTube the refurbed ones still sound the same
 

RacsoMoquette

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2023
Messages
324
Location
South Cambridgeshire
Thank you for that valuable information! It is lovely to hear that the refurbished units still emmit the audible traction sound, I think the unit I was traveling on may have had its motors removed.
 

Flying Snail

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2006
Messages
2,048
Only the power cars and the bogies on the first and last coaches beside the power cars have motors so there is no reason you would hear anything away from the ends of the train.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top