Mvann
Member
There's no problem running to Pen-y-Mount if the trackbed is brought up to standard, but its hardly a suitable terminus.
Chris
As far as I know, there is nothing to stop trains using the 64 co station if the fr wants to and the 64 co let's them. As far as I know, the original paperwork for the transport act stated that the trains would be vac braked. 64 co stock is air braked. But as the original paperwork said that motive power would be either diesel or oil fired steam locos, and the john Cochran loco is coal fired, and that originaly trains were not to terminate at bedgelert and this has now happened. Things have changed. The problems are probably more to do with the safety management case than safety. Presumably as railtours can access preserved lines and the nymr run to Whitby, there is nothing other than the relevant paper work that can legally stop the 64 co using fr lines and vice versa.
As you haven't stated your connection to the fr, I shall have to ask the whrs guys when they come to see me tommorow.
