• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who would you like to meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
I have actually met him once, at a book signing in WH Smiths at Liverpool Street station in 1978.

A very quiet man as I recall.

I did used to have signed copies of all his books but I have not seen them in years - somewhere in the loft one hopes !

I'm not even sure if he's still alive - would be well into his eighties by now :p
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Ditto that. I've not got many of his books and cannot find my dad's copies. Alas, the local library does not have any either

I should think they are well out of print by now ....not exactly booker prize candidates....

You best bet is probably a charity shop or boot sale :p
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
For me I think it would be Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond (yep, I'm a TG fan but I like some of the other works they have done too :)), Stephen Fry and Lord Sugar. Can't think of any others at the moment

The two girls in "photo 12".

Someone had to say that :P

I'm not even sure if he's still alive - would be well into his eighties by now :p

It seems like he is, and if I have the right person, well into his 90's
 

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
List includes deceased people:

Theodor Herzl
Jeremy Clarkson
Karl Pilkington
Sir Peter Parker
John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
Chuck Norris

Can't think of any others right now.
 

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
John Barrowman.
Karen Gillan, for her legs, (can I say that on here any more?)...
Richard Hammond, James May or Clarkson.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top