• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which London Underground route has the most stations in daylight?

Old Walter

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2025
Messages
48
Location
Ilford
Who is reporting this?

Sounds like complete nonsense and if I asked Mr W Hill for odds on what you state in respect to no pnb time in the platform on the east I'd get 5000/1 !
Bit of a thread bump (and it’s not even on topic about LU routes running outside!) but I was reminded of this when I saw that the issue we were discussing had made depot notice boards. Also management side at the meetings with Duty Schedules along as staff (union) side have reported the same. Attached is the notice board element, which I don’t think will be an issue as RMT make many similar comms available on their London Calling site:

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Are there any depots which are seriously short staffed?

I've noticed that there are often a lot of cancellations at weekends. Why is this given that I think that LUL operates a seven day roster and there is little overtime. More leave taken at weekends? Absenteeism?

Most lines are short staffed, generally the whole job is. That’s a result of an agreement made in 2009 where the figures were wrong and things have never worked properly since. The planned four day week would make things even worse with proposals which would impose a coverage model with pretty much zero leeway. It doesn’t work now, the plan going forward would make things much worse. To be fair LU have had their savings out of the driving grade already, with the 2009 changes, the changes to accommodate the Night Tube grade and various changes to the job roles concerned. If the organisation genuinely wants to provide a decent service to the public it needs to make positive changes (which might involve them putting their hand in their pocket) , not expecting to forever draw blood from a stone
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8720.jpeg
    IMG_8720.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,289
Bit of a thread bump (and it’s not even on topic about LU routes running outside!) but I was reminded of this when I saw that the issue we were discussing had made depot notice boards. Also management side at the meetings with Duty Schedules along as staff (union) side have reported the same. Attached is the notice board element, which I don’t think will be an issue as RMT make many similar comms available on their London Calling site:

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==



Most lines are short staffed, generally the whole job is. That’s a result of an agreement made in 2009 where the figures were wrong and things have never worked properly since. The planned four day week would make things even worse with proposals which would impose a coverage model with pretty much zero leeway. It doesn’t work now, the plan going forward would make things much worse. To be fair LU have had their savings out of the driving grade already, with the 2009 changes, the changes to accommodate the Night Tube grade and various changes to the job roles concerned. If the organisation genuinely wants to provide a decent service to the public it needs to make positive changes (which might involve them putting their hand in their pocket) , not expecting to forever draw blood from a stone
For once LU have listened, and the reduction in turnaround time at T5 seems to have died a death.
 

Top