• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What else is buried in the garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiT™

Member
Joined
13 May 2020
Messages
19
Location
Grimsby
Fishplate / Rail joint.

Found buried in the back garden!

Wonder what else is waiting to be found.

PXL_20220717_154501612.jpg
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Joined
23 Oct 2013
Messages
4,750
I've got a lawnmower buried in mine, I know because I put it there. As a non-driver it seemed the easiest way to get rid of it.
This was some years ago when mobile scrap collectors has disappeared. Still waiting for the lawnmower tree to sprout and fruit.
 

AndrewE

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2015
Messages
7,350
Apparently it is legal to bury someone (if they are dead, etc.) in your garden... you "just" have to get the EHO's approval, and I guess it would get logged on your deeds - or the Land Registry's modern equivalent.
I suspect it might have a severe negative effect on an ordinary house's value, but on a huge country estate? less so.
 

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Joined
23 Oct 2013
Messages
4,750
Apparently it is legal to bury someone (if they are dead, etc.) in your garden... you "just" have to get the EHO's approval, and I guess it would get logged on your deeds - or the Land Registry's modern equivalent.
I suspect it might have a severe negative effect on an ordinary house's value, but on a huge country estate? less so.
That is my understanding (from a newspaper article some years ago) except that is not approval that is required, you just need to notify the relevent people - presumably the registrar, so when someone else finds bones in future years they will know why the bones are there. I think it is discouraged though.
 

TheBigD

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
2,043
It would certainly knock a few quid off the resale value having the corpse of someone's granny beneath your herbaceous border!!!
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,024
Location
Up the creek
I believe that if you bury someone in the garden it must not be within a certain distance of a watercourse. So, murder: fine. Polluting the water: you’re nicked.
 

Howardh

Established Member
Joined
17 May 2011
Messages
9,795
Awww...my old cat is resting under his favourite bush ♥️♥️♥️
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top