• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What days do you regularly travel on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Hi all,

I got curious on this in the small hours. I realised almost all my train travel is on Mondays, as it's the only day in the week when it's possible to go on a trip normally. However, I wonder what the forum's most usual day(s) is for a day on the trains.

Bit random I know, you can probably tell I couldn't get to sleep too quickly last night :lol:
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
I'm on the train most weekdays during the July - August period, otherwise, I rarely travel outside of Thursday evenings. (unless I'm going 'up north' on the East Coast, usually two or three times a year)
 

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,760
Location
Yorkshire
Mondays and Thursdays usually have 200+ miles with considerably less or none on other days. If I travel weekends it's usually under 20 miles or over 100.

This week is a funny one as I'll be travelling 200+ miles each day from today until Thursday then about 20 on Friday and 200+ again on Sunday.
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
All the time due to shift work, though the amount varies depending on if I am working or day off. Don't tend to do much travelling on a Sunday unless abroad as trying to go anywhere by train for leisure in this country on that particular day is a nightmare IMO.
 

Strathclyder

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
3,837
Location
Clydebank
Mostly Wednesdays to Fridays. 16.6 miles in total on Wednesdays & Fridays & 20.2 miles in total on Thursdays.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Every day , before , during and after work. Sometimes I get so lucky that I have to work saturday and sunday too which is even more journey time on trains..

I know the OP and others are fans of riding the rails but it honestly gets mind numbingly boring some weeks when I have to go to many different stations.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
I know the OP and others are fans of riding the rails but it honestly gets mind numbingly boring some weeks when I have to go to many different stations.

What gets mind numbingly boring is an approximately 110 minute commute on buses 5 or 6 days a week (depending on work and if I'm out on Mondays), it's very close to 3 years of doing it and quite frankly I'm bored out of my mind on it.

The above said, trying to be 'normal' is also mind numbingly boring! Think I covered this subject at enough length in a trip report in February. Now being abnormal/different/whatever, that's FAR more fun!

Oh yeah, and the other thing that's mind numbingly boring is the job I do. Really is dull and boring, not to mention a lot of hard work!
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Ha ha.

I guess the one saving grace for me is that if I end up for away I can always have a snooze on the one back - even if it is just an hour :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top