• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger F

New Member
Joined
28 Apr 2018
Messages
3
Hi all. I have just moved to West Sussex and due to ill health have decided to return to spotting. As I am new to this area any ideas on where to go or hot spots nearby would be gratefully received. I am interested in all areas of spotting including freight. Thanks in advance. Roger F. Also if you are local to me and interested in car sharing or a spotting buddy please let me know.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Roger F

New Member
Joined
28 Apr 2018
Messages
3
Fair sized county is West Sussex. From Chichester in the south-west of the county to Gatwick in the north-east of the county.[/

Fair sized county is West Sussex. From Chichester in the south-west of the county to Gatwick in the north-east of the county.
Hi, yes should have said I'm near Littlehampton. I know of Eastleigh and Basingstoke but, wondered if anyone knew any other areas to try? Especially if there is some freight movements.
Fair sized county is West Sussex. From Chichester in the south-west of the county to Gatwick in the north-east of the county.
Yes sorry should have said I am near Littlehampton. I know about Eastleigh and Basingstoke but, wondered if anyone has any places closer or local where there is also a bit of freight movements.
 

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
I’m up the other end of the county in Crawley, I like my local area around Three Bridges and Gatwick as you have freight from Ardingly and at Crawley New Yard (between Three Bridges and Gatwick). Units are 377, 387 and 700, as well as 165/166 turbos at Gatwick.
 

Roger F

New Member
Joined
28 Apr 2018
Messages
3
I’m up the other end of the county in Crawley, I like my local area around Three Bridges and Gatwick as you have freight from Ardingly and at Crawley New Yard (between Three Bridges and Gatwick). Units are 377, 387 and 700, as well as 165/166 turbos at Gatwick.
Hi, thanks for that info. I really will try there within the next few weeks. Thanks again. Maybe see you there sometime. Many thanks Roger F.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top