• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

We allow these violent crimes to go on, and on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Although he has been found guilty of 42 offences, people like him typically commit more acts of violence which tend to go unreported. So the true number could be much higher than this.
Absolutely correct. Its much higher. But if there is any blame there, it is in the relationship between the media and their consumers, because the facts are all available to be seen by those who wish to see them.

When released - in less than 4 years time - I can almost guarantee that he will continue to make others lives a misery as he has done before.
I would expect so too.

His rights are effectively deemed to trump the rights of others to lead peaceful lives.

That's the sort of "justice" system (or whatever alternative terminology the apologists would rather I use, I don't really care!) we have in this country. This is a system that has condemned people to be assaulted by him in the not too distant future.
No. You seem to have missed the bit about the tens of Appeals every week to reduce sentences and release violent prisoners early, and which are refused. The "justice system" hears those requests and, quite rightly in my opinion, refuses them. Just this week, there was a young man from your area who had been sentenced to several concurrent sentences for violence, drug possession, motoring offences and theft, whose barrister sought to reduce their 'client's' sentence. Absolutely refused. As are most such requests. Week in, and week out.

. . . . and as you quite rightly say, are unreported.

Violent crimes are not taken anywhere near as seriously as they should be.
That's not my observation - my observation of how seriously the Courts treat them. I can't speak for how seriously the media report them. And I can't speak for how indifferently Government seems to treat them.

As the Courts are obliged to apply the laws and the tariffs set by Government, then I have no choice but to advise you again to look at our Government's reluctance to address crime and punishment.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top