m0ffy
Member
I’m on a very quiet Avanti train from Tamworth to Euston. The biggest problem is the shortage of coffee onboard.
TOCs are already effectively renationalised and removing advance fares would result in a substantial increase in what people pay and decrease in ridership. I would suggest however that you post your idea in the speculative forum where it can be appropriately responded to and discussed.Just re nationalise ticket acceptance then does not exist, yes get rid of Advance fares charge reasonable normal fares.
Yes, any ticket any train on a reasonable route. Makes total sense, and all TOCs should have to take them.
Im getting it automatically as I had an advance on a specific train, £10.30 roughly. Half the original fare with r/c. They contacted me via email and all I had to do was click a link to approve payment to original card.That's just reminded me, I've still not heard anything from my claim for full delay repay from when the WCML collapsed on 21st December with LNWR...
If things carry on like this, they'll need to employ more claims handlers!
Im getting it automatically as I had an advance on a specific train, £10.30 roughly. Half the original fare with r/c. They contacted me via email and all I had to do was click a link to approve payment to original card.
Hopefully it will turn up shortly!
Let us take a moment to think of the plight of the Avanti delay-repay handlers who must be currently overwhelmed with a tsunami of claims.If things carry on like this, they'll need to employ more claims handlers!