• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Walsall - Kidderminster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCub

Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
265
Location
SE England
Good morning all,

Online planners tell me to go from WALSALL to KIDDERMINSTER via Smethwick G. Bridge. Fine, but is this the only permitted route? Could I go through Birmingham?

Mr Cub
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
Good morning all,

Online planners tell me to go from WALSALL to KIDDERMINSTER via Smethwick G. Bridge. Fine, but is this the only permitted route? Could I go through Birmingham?

Mr Cub

I will assume it is not the shortest route, and I don't know if there are direct trains.

Checking the routeing guide Walsall is a member of Walsall Group and Kidderminster uses Smethwick Group or Worcester Group. Worcester Group fails the fares check rule.

Walsall Group to Smethwick Group allows journeys on Map WM, this permits travel via Birmingham or Wolverhampton.
 
Last edited:

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Good morning all,

Online planners tell me to go from WALSALL to KIDDERMINSTER via Smethwick G. Bridge. Fine, but is this the only permitted route? Could I go through Birmingham?

Mr Cub

Why do you want to go via Birmingham, you have to walk from New Street to Snow Hill (or Moor Street) changing at Galton Bridge saves this walk.
The train from Walsall to Galton Bridge calls at New Street anyway.

Peter
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top