• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTWC Long Distance First Class Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
Hello there

On Monday 17th July I shall be travelling down from Carlisle to London Euston via Birmingham in first class using VTWC's Pendolino Service. I managed to get a cheap first class ticket, so I will be sampling the VTWC weekday First Class Service. Can anyone advise on:

1) How often will I be served? I have heard everything from being offered a meal and drinks only once, which seems inadequate given the length of the journey to being served Breakfast and Brunch and being offered drinks and snacks approximately once every hour, obviously, this seems more suitable for the ticket price and journey length.

2) Do Coach J Seats 38 and 39 offer a good window view and have plug sockets? I have managed to bag myself the only reservable two-table on the right-hand side of the train, so I am hoping the view is good, and there are plug sockets.

3) What is actually included in the 'Great British Breakfast'. Despite having a very traditional and appetising name, there is no description of what is actually featured in this dish! I presume it is a traditional full English?

4) Is it permitted to get off the train momentarily at certain stations in order to get some 'fresh air'? I have often taken journeys in standard class where it was very cramped and stuffy inside and I have wondered if it is permitted to alight for say one minute at any intermediate stop, then get back on board, just to get a break from the warm and stuffy atmosphere?

5) Do these services ever run in reverse-formation? I have specifically booked my seats to be on the right hand side of the train, so if it is running in reverse formation, would I be allowed to swap seats?

Thank you for any advice/replies in advance :)
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Segedunum

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
4,758
Location
Up North
In response to number 4, the services via Birmingham tend to have an extended wait at Wolverhampton of around 10 minutes or so, so this would be the most appropriate chance to get some fresh air.
 

Zerothebrake!

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2012
Messages
210
Morning,

I am currently sat in FC on the 06.52 Edinburgh/Euston so am in a position to help..

1&3/ The breakfast offering is very good..it starts with tea/coffee/juice then they come around with toast jam/marmalade/marmite,a choice of cereals is offered next and last but not least , a freshly cooked full breakfast :- bacon,sausage,egg,half of a fresh tomato,hash brown and (the all important) piece of black pudding.

Note:- this is only available on a Pendolino as you get a smaller pre cooked version that's been warmed-up in the microwave if it's a voyager.

2/I'm in coach G which is at the London end and seat 39 is a window facing forward on a two seated table and 38 is a window facing back on a table of four.

If you are still on the train after 11am you should get brunch too - which on this service is advertised as being a choice of a sausage roll,soup or fruit salad.

4/ As already stated Wolverhampton is a good place to stretch your legs.

Hope this helps and enjoy your day!
 

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Joined
29 Sep 2016
Messages
3,414
I have found the First Class food offering to be more than adequate. Don't forget snacks and drinks in the Lounge at Euston on arrival too!

If you have booked the two seats I think you mean (only bay of two on right hand side) then these do have a window view to the right, but on the left is a cupboard (essentially) so no view there. But if you let us know the coach letter, can double check.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top