Vintage Trains are running a tour to Railfest tomorrow. I wonder if anyone has any timings? thanks
8 Jun 2012 #1 I IanXC Emeritus Moderator Joined 18 Dec 2009 Messages 6,615 Vintage Trains are running a tour to Railfest tomorrow. I wonder if anyone has any timings? thanks
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in R RailUK Forums
9 Jun 2012 #2 matt Forum Staff Staff Member Global Moderator Joined 30 Jun 2005 Messages 8,889 Location Rugby IanXC said: Vintage Trains are running a tour to Railfest tomorrow. I wonder if anyone has any timings? thanks Click to expand... Times are on uksteam.info
IanXC said: Vintage Trains are running a tour to Railfest tomorrow. I wonder if anyone has any timings? thanks Click to expand... Times are on uksteam.info
9 Jun 2012 #3 Smudger105e Member Joined 5 Jan 2010 Messages 1,012 Location N 52° 53.492 W 001° 15.493 is this the one that just went through Toton, whistle blasting? All I saw was that it appeared to be a GWR loco at the head.
is this the one that just went through Toton, whistle blasting? All I saw was that it appeared to be a GWR loco at the head.
9 Jun 2012 #4 tnxrail Member Joined 8 May 2011 Messages 224 Location UK Would think so says Toton Centre 09:45 on uk steam as its 5043 a GWR Engine. At Coleshill Parkway this morning:http://youtu.be/A5oPhnPVixc Last edited: 9 Jun 2012
Would think so says Toton Centre 09:45 on uk steam as its 5043 a GWR Engine. At Coleshill Parkway this morning:http://youtu.be/A5oPhnPVixc
9 Jun 2012 #5 wensley Established Member Joined 29 Jun 2008 Messages 2,045 Location On a train...somewhere! The failure of '851 on the NENTA job threw up this nice double-header 47580/851 double head the NENTA special for Newcastle Also, here's the steamer for the record http://www.flickr.com/photos/clagmonsterrail/7169171407/in/photostream/
The failure of '851 on the NENTA job threw up this nice double-header 47580/851 double head the NENTA special for Newcastle Also, here's the steamer for the record http://www.flickr.com/photos/clagmonsterrail/7169171407/in/photostream/
9 Jun 2012 #6 I ilkestonian Member Joined 6 Dec 2009 Messages 384 Location The Potteries Loco Fitter said: is this the one that just went through Toton, whistle blasting? All I saw was that it appeared to be a GWR loco at the head. Click to expand... Yep - was on time through Toton, 0945 as quoted above. <Shameless plug mode> My video taken at Trowell Junction, just north of Toton is here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-b85zWvXWE </Shameless plug mode>
Loco Fitter said: is this the one that just went through Toton, whistle blasting? All I saw was that it appeared to be a GWR loco at the head. Click to expand... Yep - was on time through Toton, 0945 as quoted above. <Shameless plug mode> My video taken at Trowell Junction, just north of Toton is here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-b85zWvXWE </Shameless plug mode>
9 Jun 2012 #7 Meridian richard Member Joined 8 Apr 2009 Messages 249 Location Sheffield Beighton Junction this morning running on time: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977030@N04/7354807726/in/photostream --- old post above --- --- new post below --- Ran early over Beighton Junction this evening only just caught it. They also seemed to be a flypast over the train of 4 aerobatic blue planes it may just have been pot luck they flew in formation in front of the train, fabulous sight. Shame I didnt manage to get a photo of the planes and 5043 http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977030@N04/7170142017/in/photostream/ Running 8 minutes early http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977030@N04/7355361238/in/photostream/ Last edited: 9 Jun 2012
Beighton Junction this morning running on time: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977030@N04/7354807726/in/photostream --- old post above --- --- new post below --- Ran early over Beighton Junction this evening only just caught it. They also seemed to be a flypast over the train of 4 aerobatic blue planes it may just have been pot luck they flew in formation in front of the train, fabulous sight. Shame I didnt manage to get a photo of the planes and 5043 http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977030@N04/7170142017/in/photostream/ Running 8 minutes early http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977030@N04/7355361238/in/photostream/
9 Jun 2012 #8 I IanXC Emeritus Moderator Joined 18 Dec 2009 Messages 6,615 Thanks all, great pictures!