• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vintage Trains On-board Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masbroughlad

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2011
Messages
1,847
Location
Midlands
Do Vintage trains employ their own on-board catering team, or do they use a third party?

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
18 Mar 2007
Messages
465
Location
North Oxfordshire
They certainly used to use a third party catering team. My experience was that they were, shall we say, 'disorganised' when I did dining trips with them. On one they actually forgot to serve our breakfast and it took repeated prompting until it actually appeared, after a bit of a mad panic in the kitchen.

However, I believe they have recently changed suppliers and I have no experience of the new one, having only done tours in Standard since. I'd be interested to hear if it's improved.
 

weebo15

New Member
Joined
3 Jun 2018
Messages
1
In March this year, the catering on our trip was run by Paisley Flour Catering, from Stourport on Severn.

I don't recall many issues, but much preferred the in-house catering they did pre 2020.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top