• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using an expired railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGreen1999

New Member
Joined
12 Jan 2025
Messages
1
Location
Marston Green, Birmingham
Mod note - split from:



They aren’t going to do that, because there has been no fraud. The OP should not engage.

This has never happened for a case of an expired railcard to my knowledge
Hi Guys, I have an email with the exact same situation stated above. Including using an expired railcard, and the case was in June and receiving the email last week. In all honesty I have paid for shorter train journeys as I didnt have much money at the time. I have started full time employment in september and have been paying to the full amount with a valid railcard since.

Looking through my Trainline I feel like they are quite suspect during that period. Even though it is out of the 6 Month limit I am worried even if I dont respond there might be further investigation. I know it was stupid, it was a time of desperation. I had stopped knowing it was bad but this has now come around which is really worrying me.

What do you guys recommend?

Any advice is much appreciated
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Titfield

Established Member
Joined
26 Jun 2013
Messages
3,237
They are out of time to prosecute you.

You can either ignore this because it is extremely unlikely that any further action will be taken (and we have never heard of action being taken post the 6 month deadline) - as @AlterEgo suggests OR you could respond, which would probably end up with you paying them a sum of money (the fares avoided plus an admin fee).

It is a matter for your conscience and peace of mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top