• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual Menu Options On East Midlands Trains Standard Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG11

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2017
Messages
638
I found this picture on Twitter ©twitter.com/steveeddieross, it shows the RG trolley and on the menu it says they do Naan Wraps and Calzones!! How do they serve Calzones from the trolley? Are they reheated in the buffet when the host has a spare moment? They do Curry Pots too, are these the same Curry Pots as the James Martin Kitchen on VTEC? IMG_20180318_003612.jpg
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MG11

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2017
Messages
638
They do have large galleys!
Do you mean on the 222s or the HSTs? I guess they could prepare hot food in the First Class kitchen but I've never seen a Standard Class Customer Host when not accompanying a trolley.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,892
Location
Cambridge
Do you mean on the 222s or the HSTs? I guess they could prepare hot food in the First Class kitchen but I've never seen a Standard Class Customer Host when not accompanying a trolley.
The 222s, but you are right they are first class galleys.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,333
Location
Glasgow
I found this picture on Twitter ©twitter.com/steveeddieross, it shows the RG trolley and on the menu it says they do Naan Wraps and Calzones!! How do they serve Calzones from the trolley? Are they reheated in the buffet when the host has a spare moment? They do Curry Pots too, are these the same Curry Pots as the James Martin Kitchen on VTEC? View attachment 44021

Presumably staff are allowed to use some of the kitchen equipment, I can't say I'd fancy a cold Curry Pot - bleurgh :s
 

MG11

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2017
Messages
638
Presumably staff are allowed to use some of the kitchen equipment, I can't say I'd fancy a cold Curry Pot - bleurgh :s
They sometimes use a 'cool box' which they place on top of the trolley, do you think it is heated at the service centre and kept warm in the 'cool box'? I think it is called a ThermalPak or a Thermapak? Or is that just to keep the cold sandwiches fresh?
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,333
Location
Glasgow
They sometimes use a 'cool box' which they place on top of the trolley, do you think it is heated at the service centre and kept warm in the 'cool box'? I think it is called a ThermalPak or a Thermapak? Or is that just to keep the cold sandwiches fresh?

No idea, it's possible. I'm not sure how long it would keep things warm for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top