• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Valley nows starts from Carlisle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Joined
15 Jun 2005
Messages
3,958
Location
Newcastle
Just given the HST route a quick run. I know the real line fairly well and this is a pretty good representation. The detail on some of the stations are particularly excellent.

Well done :D
 

eezypeazy

Member
Joined
4 Jul 2005
Messages
626
Location
UK
Thanks, Craig.

Being a "local", you can probably spot the areas that could benefit from more detail.. but I think I'm very close to the limit as regards objects, downloads, and game performance...

Regards

eezypeazy
 

Craig

Established Member
Joined
15 Jun 2005
Messages
3,958
Location
Newcastle
Well yeah, there are a few areas that aren't quite right, but I think you've captured the feel of the route quite well.

I didn't check frame rates, but it seemed to run reasonably enough on my laptop (P4 1.7ghz, 256 RAM, Geforce420). I'll have a look next time I run the route.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Downloading at this time. Using IE7 so will report any problems.

Looking forward to reliving the memory of HSTing the Tyne Valley...

EDIT: After it eventually loaded (my PC hates BVE4!), I thought it was a very good route! Only driven the HST as far as Brampton for now, as tonight's drive on it was just to ensure it worked.

Very good route, I look forward to driving the rest of it soon!
 

eezypeazy

Member
Joined
4 Jul 2005
Messages
626
Location
UK
Sorry, I haven't been following your 323 thread.... in Tyne Valley, the HST engine should be running.

Move the reverser from neutral into reverse, back to neutral. Press INS key to clear AWS alarm. Move Reverser to forward. Press space bar to cancel safety device. Await signal from guard. Release brake; apply power.

Regards

eezypeazy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top