• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Instances where you have benefitted from a delayed train

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandmonkey

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2021
Messages
90
Location
Southampton
It's good news if the Romsey runner is delayed by a few minutes if I happen to need to change on it from the Portsmouth S/S stopper as they arrive at St. Denys at the exact same time (helpful....)

I know that I just need to wait another 10 minutes for the next one that goes the other way round normally though.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A S Leib

Established Member
Joined
9 Sep 2018
Messages
3,398
In late 2021 / early 2022 the Metropolitan line timetable had Amersham / Chesham services leaving Moor Park a minute before trains from Watford were scheduled to arrive, so I appreciated it when the former services ran a minute or two late (the current timetable is with 9 minute scheduled changes instead of 14).
 

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2014
Messages
2,254
Location
Grimsby
The 350 bus from Hull took an hour to reach Barton last month, but the Barton train was half an hour late so all was well.
 
Joined
25 Apr 2017
Messages
213
Location
Mainly SE Asia, occasionally Central Belt
I once made a -17 minute connection at Leeds off the 02:36 arrival from London onto the 02:19 departure to Manchester (approx figures but you get the idea). It helped that train #1 was slightly early in the first place, didn't help that train #1 went the long way round via Pontefract, helped that train #2 was so late the connection was just about possible, didn't help that my booked train an hour later was cancelled so I *had* to try the connection in the first place... swings and roundabouts :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top