• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trevithick's Puffing Devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Luxton

Established Member
Joined
23 Nov 2014
Messages
2,041
Location
Liverpool
I don't tend to do movies - however on April 30 I visited the Camborne Trevithick Day. Never been before and attempts to visit in 2020 and 2021 were frustrated by the event being cancelled. Thus third time lucky. What I went to see was the replica created by the Trevithick Society of Richard Trevithick's "Puffing Devil".

Though it is a road locomotive this was the first application of high pressure or "strong steam" as it was called to provide locomotion. However, shortly after the original was created Trevithick produced some of the the pioneer railway locos using a similar design, thus it is highly relevant to the development of the railways. The Puffing Devil - 2022 by

John Luxton, on Flickr
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top