• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traksy/Realtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWi72

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2017
Messages
366
Seems neither are picking up any data. I think I read this before. I'm freezing at Nortoft Lane. Euston - Birmingham went through 10 minutes back and it is on Traksy nog even as far as Long Buckby.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adrian Barr

Member
Joined
2 Jul 2020
Messages
800
Location
Doncaster
This service status message is currently displaying on the Open Train Times maps:

TD and TRUST data outage

Identified - Due to a problem with the Open Data platform operated by CACI on behalf of Network Rail, we are receiving no real-time data. Maps are currently not being updated.

We are awaiting a response from CACI.
Dec 20, 2023 - 11:36 GMT

TRUST itself is working but there must be a problem with the data feeds that these websites use

[Update 13:40 - checked again and Tracksy / OpenTrainTimes/ Realtime Trains sites seem to be working OK now]
 
Last edited:

MarkWi72

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2017
Messages
366
Yes, the Daventry - Doncaster had no report after leaving Daventry through Rugby. Must have been down around 11.20-11.45. I had noticed it was working as I left.
 

03_179

Established Member
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Messages
3,862
Location
At my desk
I've notices recently that Traksy has an issue. When you flip from traksy (on mobile) to another app it stops updating.
Anyone else have this issue ?
 

Tom

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2008
Messages
871
Location
35,000ft
There were some glitches somewhere upstream of the data feeds this morning. It affected both the open and internal data feeds.
 

Trainguy34

Established Member
Joined
29 Apr 2023
Messages
1,231
Location
Kent
I know that there was a banner about something similar in RealTime Trains this morning, was that the same thing?
 

flitwickbeds

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2017
Messages
774
I've notices recently that Traksy has an issue. When you flip from traksy (on mobile) to another app it stops updating.
Anyone else have this issue ?
This is deliberate so that if you're not actively looking at the site, it's not constantly using your data. Imagine looking at it at 9am when arriving for work, not looking at your phone again until 5pm and realising it had been updating in your pocket all day, using data constantly!

There is a retry button in a red box at the top which usually gets things updated and working again - otherwise a refresh of the site will get things back to normal.
 

03_179

Established Member
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Messages
3,862
Location
At my desk
This is deliberate so that if you're not actively looking at the site, it's not constantly using your data. Imagine looking at it at 9am when arriving for work, not looking at your phone again until 5pm and realising it had been updating in your pocket all day, using data constantly!

There is a retry button in a red box at the top which usually gets things updated and working again - otherwise a refresh of the site will get things back to normal.

Thanks.
It's a bit annoying when you're on a train and switch to something like email or other site then return and think you've not moved on the map or miss apassing train.

I'll try the refresh.
I launch my Traksy from my home page
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top