• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains being held near Rochdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plethora

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2019
Messages
127
I have observed today that trains are being held at danger bi-directionally before entering the signal blocks between Rochdale and Smithy Bridge.

Having followed the signalling on traksy, this appears to be to perhaps avoid having two services on the particular track section at the same time. I did not specifically note a TSR on my commute but then I was not paying particular attention either. We were pretty sluggish going eastbound, so that seems possible.

Does anyone know more details?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Joined
2 Jul 2014
Messages
3,384
Location
Calder Valley
There’s a restriction at Castleton on the bridge that passes over the M62? In fact it is so severe that I believe Network Rail has had to move the date forward for the replacement, see here:

Other than that I’m not sure, could be the level crossing at Smithy Bridge on the blink again?
 

snowball

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2013
Messages
8,144
Location
Leeds
I would have thought it's unlikely to be connected. Smithy Bridge is NE of Rochdale and the M62 bridge is SW of Rochdale.
 

Plethora

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2019
Messages
127
Yes, this is completely separate to Castleton. Not the correct signal block for the level crossing either. It is the block starting beyond Smithy Bridge station westbound, and eastbound commencing shortly after the metrolink bridge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top