• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train faults today (30/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
1,763
Hello. I'm just reporting on today's outings.

I came back from Lancaster to Leeds on the 13:45 Northern service to Manchester Oxford Road instead of TPExpress's 14:28 - just as well because it terminated at Preston due to a shortage of train crew (at Oxford Road announced as a member of train crew being unavailable)

Given that the 13:45 was a Northern service, plus the rolling stock allocations, I expected it to be a Class 156 or 158 - better than that, it was one of the new Class 195's :)! I even managed to sit in the front window table seat, front coach, behind the drivers cab!

On the 15:38 I had seat number 40 in Coach A booked. It was forward facing. I managed to sit in it (it was marked but someone sat there as I think their seat was diagonally across). He was polite and understood why I wanted my booked seat.

I got off at Leeds around 16:40. At 17:00, there were 3 (yes 3) Manchester-bound Class 185's - 2 on platform 16 and one on 15A or B (Manchester end of platform 15). One of them was a Liverpool Lime Street train and one was around 25 minutes late. 2 of the 185's left with people standing.

What caused 3 Manchester-bound (1 of them being the Liverpool train mentioned above) to be at Leeds at 17:00 was one had a door fault (I could see the train on platform 16 from 15) - wouldn't open. Not the best time or location to have a troubled 185!

Judging by TPExpress's Twitter feed, I think I got back to Leeds just before the minor disruption started.

I don't regret coming back from Lancaster to Leeds via Manchester - first trip through (and sighting at the same time of) Preston since September 2014. It was my first time through Wigan North Western since September 2009 (Mum and I were on our way from Oxford to Blackpool North back then). Plus, it was my first TPExpress experience (and 185 trip at the same time) since Saturday 30th September 2017 (this was the 14:11 from Sheffield to Stockport).



I got my booked 15:38 from Manchester Oxford Road to Leeds (3-coach Class 185).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
1,763
Sorry - I thought I was having trouble with the 'Edit' button. Turns out I had to log in. Doh!

Basically there were a good few train faults announced today - 2 TPExpress's.

XC had 2 Voyager vice HST's today - 06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth and the 06:32 from Dundee to Plymouth.

One of those days I think.
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
Sorry - I thought I was having trouble with the 'Edit' button. Turns out I had to log in. Doh!

Basically there were a good few train faults announced today - 2 TPExpress's.

XC had 2 Voyager vice HST's today - 06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth and the 06:32 from Dundee to Plymouth.

One of those days I think.
They were both booked to be a Voyager yesterday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top