Hi,
I'm trying to trace anyone who worked at Holbeach railway station, yard or either signal between passenger closure in 59 and total closure to goods in 65.
My parents have been searching for station signage for 20-30 years and I've now taken on the challenge.
No one has ever seen any for sale or on display but we know various pieces like single line tablets, lamps, clock, certificate from the station masters office, signal box letters and 3x lamp glass name pieces survived.
Even if one wasn't for sale it would be nice to ask anyone who knows if any signs or totems were taken before being scrapped.
How would I go about tracing staff as online records are only showing 1800's to early 1900's.
Thanks in advance
I'm trying to trace anyone who worked at Holbeach railway station, yard or either signal between passenger closure in 59 and total closure to goods in 65.
My parents have been searching for station signage for 20-30 years and I've now taken on the challenge.
No one has ever seen any for sale or on display but we know various pieces like single line tablets, lamps, clock, certificate from the station masters office, signal box letters and 3x lamp glass name pieces survived.
Even if one wasn't for sale it would be nice to ask anyone who knows if any signs or totems were taken before being scrapped.
How would I go about tracing staff as online records are only showing 1800's to early 1900's.
Thanks in advance