• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket sold with freedom pass discount at 0929

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,626
Location
Warks
Yes - the issue here is that TrainSplit sold a ticket from Boundary Zone 6 rather than West Hampstead Thameslink. I appreciate that it's not simple to encode the rules for the different types of Freedom and 60+ Passes, but when the site specifically chooses to offer them as options, I think the time restrictions should be reflected in the fare results.
I agree.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railguy1

Member
Joined
6 Apr 2016
Messages
254
Just to be clear, as I understand it, I won’t be charged a £5 fee because all the trains were cancelled? I ended up having to take a coach. Ticket was never used (did not even work on the barrier).

Advance ticket information​

In contrast to flexible tickets (such as off-peak or anytime tickets), Advance tickets are sold for a fixed-time itinerary. They are typically cheaper, and have more limited refund options.
To claim a refund on Advance tickets you must re-book before the original travel date/time for the same journey (the origin, destination and passengers must remain the same). The departure date/time and ticket type (advance or flexible) can be different, but you must claim for the refund before the original ticket's departure time. An administrative fee of up to £5 will be charged for any amendment or cancellation request (other than when affected by disruption or within 1 hour of booking) & the Change of Journey/cancellation fee is charged per booking reference. Booking fees are non-refundable. For more information, please refer to the pre-agreed Terms and Conditions
 

OscarH

Established Member
Joined
15 Sep 2020
Messages
1,294
Location
Crawley
Just to be clear, as I understand it, I won’t be charged a £5 fee because all the trains were cancelled? I ended up having to take a coach. Ticket was never used (did not even work on the barrier).
You're correct, there is never a fee when you abandon your journey and don't use your tickets due to disruption
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top