• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thrashy (and rough) Volvo B6BLE sound recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Hello all,

I've been on 40589 (Wrights Crusader body) a few times on First Somerset & Avon's route 234 from Melksham to Trowbridge, on my commute home, and it's this one that sounds rather rough! Compared to Baths other B6BLE's I've been on, I've not noted them making this amount of racket, nor hearing the turbo as much. The 'wooshing' sound when the accelerator is lifted sounds like a boy racer car when they change gear, don't know what is making that sound, turbo bust maybe?

It may be noisy but that's the types of buses I like, so YJ51 RGU is my favourite at the moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHPMoHK6fM


Enjoy!


James.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
Hello all,

I've been on 40589 (Wrights Crusader body) a few times on First Somerset & Avon's route 234 from Melksham to Trowbridge, on my commute home, and it's this one that sounds rather rough! Compared to Baths other B6BLE's I've been on, I've not noted them making this amount of racket, nor hearing the turbo as much. The 'wooshing' sound when the accelerator is lifted sounds like a boy racer car when they change gear, don't know what is making that sound, turbo bust maybe?

It may be noisy but that's the types of buses I like, so YJ51 RGU is my favourite at the moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHPMoHK6fM


Enjoy!


James.



I assure you mate I did, just the way it should be!
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Glad you like the loud ones too!

I did get one before but didn't get round to uploading it. I've since deleted it anyway when I recorded the above one, as the first one had a slower driver who didn't really throttle it.

There is one driver I'd like to have who generally likes to give them a thrashing, and knows how to thrash a dart too!
(example of said driver on a P reg dart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edWvACqdgoQ)

Also, I don't have any photos of the crusaders here, so I used one I took at Axminster (I think it was!) on the route 31 back in 2005 or 2006
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
We've got a few Volvos that sound similar to that, I love driving them with the window open. :D

I think the noise may be boost leak from the turbo, but I'm not sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top